Re: [modeller_usage] Modelling a protein

On 11/03/2010 05:49 AM, bharat lal wrote:
I want to model the structure of a protein with ser gly tyr but the
template structure that I want to use has the reacted form of ser gly
tyr ... what i want to model is the position of those 3 residues in my
model in place of their reacted form.. so can amybody pls help me out in
doing so ??

One easy solution is simply to edit your template PDB file in a text editor, and change each of those modified residues to the corresponding "normal" residue (i.e. replace HETATM with ATOM if necessary, and the modified residue name on the same line with SER, GLY or TYR). Modeller will ignore any "extra" atoms in your modified residues, just using whatever "standard" atoms (e.g. the backbone) it can find to extract distances and angles.