Re: [modeller_usage] Error: No atoms were read from the specified input PDB file

On 11/03/2010 02:57 PM, Ann Spevacek wrote:
I am trying to align two models, one an NMR structure (1XYX.pdb) and
one a simulation (frame100.pdb) and I get the following error:

No atoms were read from the specified input PDB file, since the
                starting residue number and/or chain id in
MODEL_SEGMENT (or
                the alignment file header) was not found;
                requested starting position: residue number " FIRST",
chain " A";
                atom file name:  ./frame100.pdb

OK, so you have asked Modeller to read coordinates from the "frame100.pdb" PDB file, starting at the first residue in the A chain.

This is what the frame100.pdb file looks like:

There is no "A" chain in this PDB file... so how will Modeller be able to read it?

And this is the salign.py file that I am trying to use:

# Illustrates the SALIGN multiple structure/sequence alignment

from modeller import *

log.verbose()
env = environ()
env.io.atom_files_directory = './:../atom_files/'

aln = alignment(env)
for (code, chain) in (('1XYX', 'A'), ('frame100', 'A')):

Replace the second 'A' with '', to read from a chain with no ID, as in your PDB file.