Re: [modeller_usage] problem in doing difficuly modeling using modeller 9v8

On 12/25/2010 11:30 PM, ranu sharma wrote:
Good Afternoon. I am facing problem while doing Difficult modelling for
my protein. It is showing the following error.
I am attaching the .aln file, my .pdb and model.py file for your
reference. Hope to get a reply from you soon.
_modeller.ModellerError: check_a_282E> Unable to read structural
information for
  alignment sequence:        1  2fdvA This command requires structures.

Just like the error says, you need structural information for 2fdvA (your template) and your alignment file only provides sequence information. This is because your alignment file (sent separately) looks like:

>P1;2fdvA
sequence:2fdv:::::::0.00: 0.00

That second line should actually start with structureX: or similar to indicate it's an X-ray structure. Look at the example alignment files in the Modeller manual for comparison.