Re: [modeller_usage] Retrieving full sequence from PDB file

On 2/7/11 9:23 AM, sneha bairy wrote:
For the project I am working on, I need all the sequence residues from
the pdb file irrespective of whether the residues have atom information
or not. I saw that there is a way to write out the residues with atom
information from the pdb file. But is there a way to write out all the
sequence residues mentioned at the top of the pdb file?

Not with Modeller, no - it only reads the ATOM and HETATM records, not the SEQRES records. But the SEQRES records have a very simple format - it would be easy to write a Perl or Python script to extract that sequence if you can't find an existing piece of software that does it.