Re: [modeller_usage] how seed influence the Modeller results?

On 2/18/11 9:30 AM, albert wrote:
I've got a question about how seed influence the Modeller results?
If I start from the same seed in the same computer, does it means it
should get the same results?

Yes, Modeller is deterministic, so you will get exactly the same results if you run it again in the same environment (same machine type, same operating system).

If two job both start from random seed

It's not a good idea to start from a random seed, because then your jobs will not be reproducable.

different seeds, they will get different results, and those results is
comparable with running model building jobs with doubled model number
building?

Yes.