Re: [modeller_usage] E-values for profile building

On 3/15/11 3:26 AM, Lilit Nersisyan wrote:
I have a question regarding the e-values used in the build_profile. When
I set the e-value less then 6, no sequences are found, but for higher
e-values (with high numbers of iterations) several sequences are found
that have e-values less than 1. What is the reason?

It sounds to me like the first few passes through your database simply refined the profile to the point where it became able to detect sequences that were undetectable before.