Re: [modeller_usage] How to get Secondary Structure in Alignment file

On 26 March 2011 07:47, Ashish Runthala <">> wrote:
Dear Thomas,
You mentioned the free tools in details. I appreciate that. But what i don't understand is to manually call everyone, and then keep on doing it, is tedious but fun it is.

So if I get it right this time, you didn't ask what commercial free tools are available to display your sequence alignment along with the secondary structure, is that correct? Could you please be more careful with your syntax cause it's kind of difficult to follow you.

I had a query that template secondary structure information is there in templates, but with indels, that may be disturbed. I mean the native information is deteriorated.

So if based on indels, available in current alignment, if i can link directly to a python script. So that my next programme to generate the optimal alignment will become successful, as i did all of these several times manually, to design the algorithm to generate best representative alignment.

So you want to write a python script that can cope with indels inside SSEs. Namely, given a structure-based alignment between your target and templates, you want to select which of the following alignments is the optimum:

target       > HCSIHHSC
Template1> HCSIHISC
Template2> HCSHHISC
target       > HCS-IHHSC