Re: [modeller_usage] IS SCWRL4 helpful for Models

Dear Ashish,

To my knowledge GDT-score compares only C-alpha positions (Zemla et al, PMID: 10526349) and I have the notion that the same applies to TM-score, although not explicitly stated in the original publication (http://zhanglab.ccmb.med.umich.edu/TM-score/faq.html - read the 2nd answer). There is another metric used in CASP8 called GDT-sc (http://kinemage.biochem.duke.edu/suppinfo/CASP8/methods.html#gdcsc) which quantifies the differences in side-chain conformations.

I don't know if you measured the whole-atom RMSD or just C-alpha RMSD, but practically you won't observe any differences in side-chain conformations with SCWRL4 if your sequence identity is high.

HTH,
Thomas