Re: [modeller_usage] Downloads in an Intel core i7 system

On 04/27/2011 01:14 PM, Esben Jannik Bjerrum wrote:
alien is a tool that tries to convert rpm packages to deb packages before
installation on debian based systems. Success is however not guaranteed. If its
correct that you are using e.g. ubuntu try to use alien first, then install the
generated .deb package.

For the record, we suggest that people don't use 'alien' to do this conversion, but use the Debian package provided on our website. As you say, success is not guaranteed - in the case of Modeller the Python packages don't work correctly if you use 'alien', since Debian/Ubuntu systems expect to find Python packages in a different location to Redhat/Fedora systems.