Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 08:36:05 -0700
From: Modeller Caretaker <>
Subject: Re: [modeller_usage] Multiple Sequence Alignment vs Single
	Alignment
To: Daniel Li <>

On 7/21/11 12:16 AM, Daniel Li wrote:
> From reading it seems as if multiple templates should usually generate
> better scores but running 3 trials of 600 with different sets of
> templates for different proteins I still get better results from my
> single template models. So is there something I have to manipulate with
> the scripts and parameters?

Multiple templates generally do give better models, but they are more
sensitive to alignment errors - the templates have to be quite well
aligned with each other, otherwise they will present conflicting
information (e.g. one template says that a given CA-CA distance is 5
angstroms, and another 10 angstroms) which is difficult to satisfy.