From: Henry, Marcia B
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 12:47 PM
Subject: Need Help getting started

I'm a novice (biochemistry).   Very little computer programming, however I can usually teach myself from tutorials.
I must be missing something.   I can't get through the basic example.

I have my sequence in PIR format.
Next, going through the example,  I opened up the modeller program to get the command screen.

I started by typing mod9.10 since I don't have Python installed.

c:\Program Files (x86)\Modeller9.10>mod9.10 usage: mod9.10script [...]

Next, I attempt to use the command "profile.build()......   and it gives me the error 'profile.build' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I have tried to put a name in the parenthesis and I get the same error.  Never recognizes the "name" in the parenthesis.

I have  tried to look at the commands by going to the command directory, but I get the  same error regardless of which command I try.

Please help!    I think I can proceed if I could only start.