[modeller_usage] libraries issue

Hello:
with debian amd64, python 2.6, I am at filling missing residues with script

from modeller import *
from modeller.automodel import * # Load the automodel class

log.verbose()
env = environ()

# directories for input atom files
env.io.atom_files_directory = ['.', '../atom_files']

a = loopmodel(env, alnfile = 'alignment.ali',
              knowns = 'FlaK', sequence = 'FlaK_fill')
a.starting_model= 1
a.ending_model  = 1

a.loop.starting_model = 1
a.loop.ending_model   = 2
a.loop.md_level       = refine.fast

a.make()

and command

# mod9.10 fill_res.py

I had some(overcome)  problems of alignment. Now, suddenly:

francesco@gig64:~/tmp$ mod9.10 fill_resid.py
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
francesco@gig64:~/tmp$

which is curious as I am at Modeller modules, so that Python's version
should be immaterial. At any event, I can't install a previous version
of Python.

Thanks for advice

francesco pietra