Re: [modeller_usage] problems with filling missing residue without moving exing ones

On 2/2/12 8:26 AM, Francesco Pietra wrote:
I could nicely fill missing residues 519-522 and 683-684 by using
the normal protocol at /wiki/Missing residue. However, as I would
like the existing residues not being modified, I used a script:
KeyError: 'No such residue: 518'

The residue numbers refer to the model, not the template, so the easiest
thing to do is to look at the PDB file you generated the first time
around and make sure you're selecting the right residues. Also note that
if you have a chain ID, you must specify that (e.g. 518:A, 522:A).

I serched the web; hope this is no duplication.

Really? This question has come up many times before. For example, a search for "No such residue" at http://salilab.org/modeller/search.html turns up a lot of similar posts (and answers).