Re: [modeller_usage] HETATM MSE records

On 6/25/12 10:33 AM, Thomas Gaillard wrote:
I have noticed that some HETATM records are read by Modeller and
automatically handled as corresponding standard residues (for example
MSE ->  MET)

Actually MSE -> MET is the only such translation done.

I would like to know if you could suggest a way to disable this
behaviour and really ignore all HETATM records.

Unfortunately there isn't any way to do that - it is hardcoded into the PDB reader. Why do you want to treat MSE as HETATMs anyway? There may be a better way to achieve your goal.