Re: [modeller_usage] Problem with model-segment.py (same model obtained)

On 7/16/12 5:40 AM, Lipi Thukral wrote:
I would like to model only a segment of my protein, precisely res 76 -
94. I am using model-segment.py script for this purpose. I have looked
at the existing example on web
(http://salilab.org/modeller/9v1/manual/node22.html). I created
alignment file with the same protein. I have no problems running the
script but the model obtained is exactly the same as the template which
is expected but even the residue range 76-94 is exactly the same.

I am pasting my script here, please let me know where am I going wrong?

Your script looks fine to me. Are you sure you'll selecting the right residues? Generally the model wouldn't look exactly like the template anyway unless the sequence identity was 100%.