Re: [modeller_usage] Is the DOPE score good for evaluating transmembrane proteins model-structures?

On 12/7/12 7:08 AM,  wrote:
I was wondering whether I can use the DOPE score to evaluate models of
transmembrane proteins?

The DOPE score is a statistical potential. As such it tells you how similar your model is to structures in its training set. DOPE's training set included only single chain globular proteins. So it *might* work for transmembrane proteins (or globular proteins with multiple chains) but we can't state that it does with any conviction.