Re: [modeller_usage] Fwd: Run Modeller processes on multiple cpus

Hi Lalith

I'm using mod9v7, and in my case what I do is start several modeler process (one per core) with different random seeds, but with the same inputs. So if I want 100 models and I have 10 cores available I execute the same modeler script 10 times, changing only:

env = environ(rand_seed=-556)
a.starting_model = 21
a.ending_model = 40

Probably it is not a very fancy solution, but it allows me to use a compute cluster to generate lots of models simultaneously.

I hope it helps.

Oscar C.S.
Oscar Conchillo Solé
Group of Computational Biology and Proteomics
IBB Data Center Manager and Linux Sysadmin
Institut de Biotecnologia I Biomedicina (UAB)
mail: ">
telf: 0034 93581 4431; 0034 93586 8939