Re: [modeller_usage] Ligand Introduction from non-homologous protein

On 7/16/13 12:15 PM, Rohitesh Gupta wrote:
I am trying to model a protein using a template that is 85% similar to
it, but also wants to transfer ligand from another protein that is 10%
similar.

That should be fine - just give an alignment of the three sequences, looking something like

templ1    AAAAAAAA---*
templ2    ------BBBB.*
target    xxxxxxxxxx.*

Ideally you want to take some of the protein from the second template (rather than just the ligand) so you get the ligand-protein interactions correct. And ideally you want a bit of overlap between the two templates.

This code runs fine but the ligand doesn't have any of the above
mentioned restraints.
How could one instruct modeller to consider these restraints?

Your script looks fine. What makes you think the ligand "doesn't have" any of the restraints? Modeller tries to satisfy *all* restraints (user-added restraints aren't treated specially) so if there's a conflict, you may end up with them not being satisfied.

I understand that modeller would by default consider the non-bonded
interaction between ligand and the catalytic site amino acids. In such
case, is there a way to override those interactions?

Sure, you can add one or more excluded pairs. See
http://salilab.org/modeller/9.12/manual/node108.html
You can just add these in the same special_restraints method.