Re: [modeller_usage] Interpretation of family.mat automated template selection

On 09/02/2013 09:09 PM, Jurgens de Bruin wrote:
I have look for some more information on the family.mat file but I am
unsuccessful.

http://salilab.org/modeller/9.12/manual/node295.html

If the following is the family.mat file how can it be interpreted:
*
1uzeA @1.8   0  56  72
1j36A @2.4  56   0  78
1r42A @2.2  72  78   0

The second column is the resolution of the x ray structure; the rest is the distance matrix. For example, 1r42A and 1uzA are 72% dissimilar (i.e. the sequence identity is 100-72=28%).

The reason for this is I am in the process of writing a small pipeline
to generate crude models and would like to make the template selection
automated. Any ideas or pointers would be wonderful and greatly appreciated.

Template selection is an entire industry in itself. You are welcome to look at our own ModPipe pipeline: http://salilab.org/modpipe/