Re: [modeller_usage] TypeError: restraint_group should be a physical_type object

On 12/4/13 1:51 AM, Isaure Chauvot de Beauchene wrote:
I try to do homology modeling by the automodel class. I get this error:

File "/usr/lib/modeller9.12/modlib/modeller/modeller/restraints.py",
line 170, in make_distance
     raise TypeError("restraint_group should be a physical_type object")

Your script looks pretty normal to me. I'd be very interested to see the full Python traceback. This error indicates that you've called Restraints.make_distance() with an invalid restraint_group, but I don't see any such calls in your script (automodel does call it, but with valid restraint groups). So I'm not sure how you're getting this error, unless your copy of Modeller has been modified in an unusual way.