Re: [modeller_usage] loop missing in a crystal structure

On 4/5/14, 8:05 AM, flavio seixas wrote:
I'm interested in using a crystal structure deposited in the PDB
(structure A). However, there are two important loops missing.
There is another homologous structure B from another source organism,
where those loops are well defined inside electron density. I like to
use the experimental data from this template B to model the missing
loops in the structure A.

Why not just model using both structures as templates? If you're worried that structure B will "mess up" the model in the non-loop regions, align it just with A in those regions and just with B in the loop regions.