Re: [modeller_usage] Modeller Parallel work

Hi,
Just to be sure about what to do in this case:
If I want to run 2 serial jobs (250 models in each job). To generate the random seed, I need to apply the informations of the script randomize.py into each script of model_single.py, is that right?

Regards,

Flavio

-------------------------------------
Flavio Augusto Vicente Seixas
Laboratory of Structural Biochemistry
Department of Biochemistry
Universidade Estadual de Maringá, PR, Brazil
http://www.uem.br
On Monday, March 24, 2014 8:01 PM, Modeller Caretaker <> wrote:
On 03/24/2014 02:18 PM, Yao, Jianzhuang wrote:
> I am running Modeller to build 500 homology models for a
> methyltransferase. Now I am running serial job. Do you think I can run
> parallel job? Or do you think I can submit the same script for 500 times
> and I can get the same results with serial job?

Sure, you can do it either way. If you run as a serial job though, make
sure you specify a different random seed for each run, otherwise you'll
get the same model each time.

" href="mailto:">            http://www.salilab.org/modeller/