Re: [modeller_usage] using an external multiple sequence alignment

Ashika,

Just to expand on what Ben said, you can use any tool to generate the
alignment. Converting it into PIR format can be done with a number of
programs- I have used Jalview (see jalview.org) for example.

However, you will still need to do some editing of the .pir file for
Modeller to read it. The first two lines of each sequence entry need
to correspond to the description in the manual:
https://salilab.org/modeller/manual/node494.html#alignmentformat

Hope that helps,
-Jonathan
--