Re: [modeller_usage] Parallel job with modeller on a machine with altinstall python2.3

On 10/20/15 3:29 AM, ashika torikora wrote:
I understand that in order to run parallel modeller one has to have the
python2.3 modules.

That is not correct. If you run Modeller with the mod9.15 script, that uses a built-in copy of Python 2.3, so it would only work if you also had the Python 2.3 modules available. But we generally don't recommend that these days (Python 2.3 is really really old). Run your scripts with the system "python" instead like any other Python script. If you installed the RPM (it looks from your traceback as if you have) then you are already good to go. If you installed the .tar.gz, then it will have told you how to set PYTHONHOME and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to make this work.

I have installed Python2.3.6 as an alternative install on my RHEL
machine (the default Python for my machine is 2.7.5). However even after
installing Python2.3.6 I still get the same error (no module named
socket, although Python2.3.6 has the socket module --python2.7.5 does
not--).

Every version of Python has the socket module, including Python 2.7.

             https://salilab.org/modeller/