[modeller_usage] How to (partially) override model.patch_ss_templates() ?

Hello,

I am trying to make a model of a disulfide-bonded protein, where some disulfides are the same as in my templates, but some are shuffled. I redefined the shuffled disulfides as described here:

https://salilab.org/modeller/9v7/examples/automodel/model-disulfide.py

but the models that I get always show the same exact disulfide connectivity of the templates, i.e. redefining special_patches does not seem to override model.patch_ss_templates().

Is there a way to achieve this, so that I can keep some conserved disulfides from my templates but change others?

Thanks,

Luca

Luca Jovine, Ph.D.
Professor of Structural Biology & EMBO Member
Karolinska Institutet
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition & Center for Innovative Medicine
Medicinaren 25 Neo
Blickagången 16, SE-141 83 Huddinge, Sweden
" class="">E-mail:
W3: http://jovinelab.org

När du skickar e-post till Karolinska Institutet (KI) innebär detta att KI kommer att behandla dina personuppgifter. Här finns information om hur KI behandlar personuppgifter.

Sending email to Karolinska Institutet (KI) will result in KI processing your personal data. You can read more about KI’s processing of personal data here.