Re: [modeller_usage] Number of equivalent positions <3

On 1/27/22 3:56 AM, Hocine EL KHAOUDI ENYOURY wrote:
I am getting this error, when I am running modeller (sailing.py):

_modeller.ModellerError: fit2xyz_296E> Number of equivalent positions < 3: 0

 I am trying to make a multi-template model to reconstruct a loop region for a protein. I am using a experimental structure of the loop (it has only 7 aminoacids), and several whole structures from the PDB and derived from modeller. There is any way to force the alignement or to solve this problem?

You can't make a structural alignment unless there's at least some structural overlap between the sequences. Sometimes it can help to do a sequence alignment first to get an "initial guess" for the subsequent structural alignment.

             https://salilab.org/modeller/