[TDI-discuss] Building a knowledge base....

All,

Having recently bought "Introduction to bioinformatics" and already about
half-way through I can strongly recommend it to anyone
from a comp sci background.
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0199277877/qid=1115633791/sr=8-6/r
ef=sr_8_xs_ap_i6_xgl/202-7688707-7559031)
As I've been reading through the book I've been writing small programs that
extend the examples given in the book, it's been great fun and informative.
The chapter on Drug Discovery is still some 80 pages away but I'll be there
soon!

One thing that has come to mind whilst reading is the need for some sort of
IT infrastructure for the TDi project, in particular a database
and perhaps a source code control area (perhaps using sourceforge.net). Any
thoughts on this?

I was thinking of moving onto the following book
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1859960545/ref=pd_sim_b_dp_1/202-7
688707-7559031)
Does anyone have any suggestions on something better?

Regards,
Jake