[TDI-discuss] Re: Leprosy in Nepal

Dear Dr. Macdonald,

Thanks for expressing interest in the TDI initiative. Certainly Leprosy fits on the type of diseases that would best benefit from an Open Source Biology initiative like TDI.

TDI is now in its initial steps and we hope that will evolve soon into something that contains more than just a web site. As we speak, some contributors are actually re-bumping the web site to add some more functionality to it so that scientists can actually start using some bioinformatics resources to do research. The intend of TDI is to compile individual contributions towards developing drugs for neglected diseases (and of course Leprosy could be one of those). Thus, TDI is a framework that allows researchers over the world (as yourself) to share ideas and results towards the goal I mention before. I really encourage you to join the TDI mailing list (http://salilab.org/mailman/listinfo/tdi-discuss) so that you are up-to-date on the status of the initiative and maybe, in a near future,  start a front on Leprosy within TDI.

Sincerely,
Marc

-------

Marc A. Marti-Renom, Adj. Assistant  Professor

Departments of Biopharmaceutical Sciences  and Pharmaceutical Chemistry and

California Institute for Quantitative Biomedical Research

Mission Bay QB3. University of California, San Francisco

San Francisco, CA  94143-2552 (94158 for courier delivery)

Tel 1 (415) 514-4232; Fax 1  (415) 514-4231

Email ">; Web http://salilab.org/~marcius