Re: [MDT-users] Fwd: help regarding installation of MDT

On 2/7/13 9:27 PM, Sharif Ahmed wrote:
As we dont have root access to the server, we cant install using
*rpm* packages on that Linux server.
So instead I tried to install Modeller from source which works fine at
our RedHat linux server now.

I think here you mean you used the .tar.gz installer. Modeller source code isn't available.

But then I tries to install MDT in the same way, but it depends on many
other dependent libraries.
I installed few of them , but couldn't manage to install rest of them
due to privilege issue, so MDT can't be installed.

MDT only requires Modeller, SWIG, glib and HDF5:
http://salilab.org/mdt/5.2/doc/usage.html#compilation-from-source-code

All of these can be installed as a non-root user (and almost all RedHat installs come with glib already). What problems did you run into?

its only discussed to install MDT
for linux platform, not windows.

We don't support MDT for Windows. It probably works (we definitely know that it compiles with MSVC++ 2010 Express) but you may have to tweak things to make it work with your own setup.

on windows MDT is already installed with Modeller

No, MDT is not included with Modeller, on any platform.

	Ben
--
                      http://salilab.org/~ben/
	- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle