RE: RE: Segmentation Fault during modelling with modeller6v1

Hi,

These are the observations I got so far:

1. Your OK job is OK with me also. It's still running (200+ models).

2. Your crash job crashed at me as well at 99th model. What happened is
that energy of the 100th model (which never got written out) went
through the roof (NaN) and the system never recovered from it.

The workaround is as follows: you can run this job in parallel. Instead
of generating 1000 models in one run, you can start maybe 5 jobs that
will generate 200 models each. All you need to do it to give a random
seed number in the top files (between -50000 to -2) to each of them:
SET RAND_SEED = -xvz

Why this particular alignment crashes and not the other one is hard to
say. As I mentioned in my earlier email, you are selecting 50% of your
protein as loop region. Given the close similarity between two
alignments, it might be that 5 vs. 4 loops results in formation of bad
structure at some point (knots maybe), that simply collapses the system.

Al least what we know is that MODELLER reports no errors and that it
runs fine. I think that you have very specific case here, which will
require careful modeling on your part, making sure you control each step
of the way.

Still, please let me know how happens with SET GAP_EXTENSION = 0 0

Happy modeling,
Bozidar