Re: How much time?

I can't claim to have tested this exaustively, but on my computer both
Windows and Linux versions run at a comparable speed if two conditions are
met: (1) lots of available memory, which under Windows means either 256Mb+
or nothing else running; (2) Windows version runs "normal" only when its
window is in the foreground, otherwise it is much slower.

Hope this helps. Cheers,

Mensur

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Shamshad Zarina wrote:

|>Dear All,
|>
|>I have a strange question. How fast is Win-modeller as
|>compared to linux version? Ofcourse that would depend
|>on individual system as well, but I have a feeling
|>that Windows version is slower than linux. I tried to
|>model a protein having 480 amino acids and even after
|>three hours, Win-modeller6 was still running. Is is
|>normal or there is something wrong?
|>
|>thanks in advance,
|>
|>Sincerely,
|>
|>Shamshad

| Mensur Dlakic, PhD                    | Tel: (734) 764-3554             |
| Department of Biological Chemistry    | Fax: (734) 615-3397             |
| University of Michigan Medical School | http://www.umich.edu/~mensur/   |
| 5416 Medical Science I                | http://myprofile.cos.com/mensur |
| Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0606              | E-mail:         |