Fwd: SEQUENCE_SEARCH problems

From: Alex Brown <>
Date: Wed Sep 25, 2002  09:37:02  am Europe/London
To: Bozidar Yerkovich <>
Subject: Re: SEQUENCE_SEARCH problems

Hi.

I tried your suggestion of running my machine overnight. The SEQUENCE_SEARCH took 6 hr, 15min, 1.32sec, almost reducing my PowerBook to a heap of glowing titanium :).

The results were slightly different to those published, but I take it this could be due to database updates, etc. I did, however, get a series of error reports in the .log file :

addgrp__223E> Array too small. Increase  MAXSEQ
              current maximum, current need:       40       46
addgrp__223E> Array too small. Increase  MAXSEQ
              current maximum, current need:       40       41
addgrp__223E> Array too small. Increase  MAXSEQ
              current maximum, current need:       40       42
addgrp__223E> Array too small. Increase  MAXSEQ
              current maximum, current need:       40       42
addgrp__223E> Array too small. Increase  MAXSEQ
              current maximum, current need:       40       41
addgrp__223E> Array too small. Increase  MAXSEQ
              current maximum, current need:       40       41
addgrp__223E> Array too small. Increase  MAXSEQ
              current maximum, current need:       40       45

I can't find any refernce to a variable MAXSEQ in the manual.

Cheers,

Alex.