Problems with modeling chimera

Hi

I try to model a chimeric protein based on FAQ 4

To test the method I took a PDB file and cut it in two parts and then try to model the complete molecule again based on an FAQ 4

I get the error:

fit2xyz_E> number of equivalent positions < 3:     0
recover__> ERROR_STATUS >=  STOP_ON_ERROR:   1  1

As I understand it there are not enough overlapping residues in the alignment. But that is exactly the point, I try to model a chimeric protein based on the independent fragments exactly as in FAQ 4.

What is wrong?

Does the templates have to be overlapping, and is FAQ 4 wrong?

All files are attached

Thanks in advance

Kim

Kim Vilbour Andersen, PhD
Senior Scientist
Maxygen
Agern Allé 1
DK-2970 Hørsholm
Denmark
 <<model.top.gz>>  <<align.pir.gz>>  <<1GR3_A2.pdb.gz>>  <<1GR3_A1.pdb.gz>>
Tel: +45 7020 5550
Direct: +45 4517 8473
Mobile: +45 2637 3727
Fax: +45 7020 5530