From: Alex Brown [">mailto:]
Sent: 04 October 2002 15:22
Subject: Basic Modeling Question

Hi. Sorry if this question seems a bit basic, but you don't learn if you
don't ask, and you may as well ask the experts.

The alignment of the target sequence with a suitable template is,
perhaps, the most important factor in producing a good model. However,
choosing a suitable template can be a problem. There appear to be two
factors :

1) Sequence identity; and
2) Template resolution.

Which is more important ? For example, I have a couple of possible
templates I could use :

Template A : 87% identity, 2.80Å resolution
Template B : 62% identity, 1.60Å resolution.

Would it be better to use both ?

Cheers,

Alex.