RE: low sequence identity

Hi,

The low RMSD between model and template is expected when you are using a
single template, even at low sequence identity, the model does not have much
of a choice but to follow the template. How low is the target-template
sequence identity in this case?. The many bad contacts may be a consequence
of misalignments rather than large structural differences between target and
template. If the sequence identity is sufficiently low (<30%) alignment
errors become more and more of an influence on the accuracy of the model.
You may want to try some alternative alignments (maybe some profile-based
alignment) and see if the bad contacts dissappear.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Roberto

--
Roberto Sanchez, Assistant Professor
Structural Biology Program, Department of Physiology & Biophysics and