completing incomplete PDBs

Hi,

assume, I have a PDB file template with some residues missing, e.g. 5 Amino acids at the beginning, 10 in the middle and 2 at the end of the sequence.

Now, I use Modeller to complete the template (I align the PDB to its sequence) and use it for homology modelling.

Is this a common procedure? What do you think about it? Will the completed template be reliable or should I leave the gaps of the template unfixed in homology modelling?

Thanks in advance,

Christoph Nimptsch

Christoph Nimptsch
Apotheker