Re: Modeller input alignment file

Hi,

The :2:@:363:@: you are talking about are the residue number and chain ID,
not the coordinates. In the second line of each entry in the alignment
file you have :
- first colum defines if the alignment is for a template or for the model
- second colum gives the file name corresponding to the PDB
- 3rd col. is the residue number of the first residue in the PDB file
- 4th col. is the chain identifier of the first residue in the PDB file
- 5th col. is the residue number of the last residue in the PDB file
- 6th col. is the chain identifier of the last residue in the PDB file
- 7th col. is the protein name
- 8th col. can be used to specify other information
- 9th col. is the resolution (in the casde of a template)
- 10th col. is the B-factor (in the casde of a template)

Colums 7-10 are optionnal.

Note that this means that Modeller reads the coordinates of the atoms in
the pdb file corresponding to the name given in the 2nd col, not directly
from the alignment file.

Good work.