Re: Do residue topology entries for nucleotides exist?

Hi,

I have a PC program that can be used to model DNA:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mensur/software.html

For general nucleic acids modeling, take a look at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/namot

Ideal nucleic acids geometries can be found at:

http://ndbserver.rutgers.edu/standards/ideal_geometries.html

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mensur

On 23 Jul 2003, Andy Torelli wrote:

|>Dear MODELLER Users,
|>
|>	I would like to contact anyone who has created or obtained the
|>necessary residue entries (in residue topology file format) that, when
|>added to the top_heav.lib library, enable modeling nucleotides.  The
|>copy of top_heav.lib that I have does not have all the nucleotides.  I
|>am interested in both the RNA and DNA forms of these molecules.
|>	I have looked into creating these entries on my own, but it will take
|>me some time to obtain the software to do so.  If anyone has these
|>library entries already, it would save a lot of time.
|>
|>Thank you for your time,
|>Sincerely,
|>-Andy Torelli
|>
|>Ph.D. Student,
|>University of Rochester,
|>Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics

| Mensur Dlakic, Ph.D.              | Tel: (406) 994-2903                |
| Department of Microbiology        | Fax: (406) 994-4926                |
| Montana State University          | http://www.umich.edu/~mensur/      |
| 109 Lewis Hall, P.O. Box 173520   | http://myprofile.cos.com/mensur    |
| Bozeman, MT 59717-3520            | E-mail:         |