Re: [modeller_usage] Re: when does MODELLER hang

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 04:59:54PM +0000,  wrote:
> There is also the problem that windows text editors appear to put unreadable
> characters into, particularly, ali files meaning that modeller doeasn't read
> them in the way you intended. Thus they look alright but are not. This has
> been reported to this list before. It would also suggest using Linux.

This sounds like the perennial problem of different line endings on Unix
and Windows machines. If there are other unreadable characters being
inserted into alignment files, I'd be intrigued to a) see the resulting
files and b) know the editor responsible.