Re: [modeller_usage] modeling homotetramers

Dear Han,

you can model oligomeric proteins with modeller by separating the different polypeptide chains of the template and the target in the input alignment with the "/" character:

>P1;template
structure...
AGFWRTYI/AGFWRTYI/AGFWRTYI/AGFWRTYI*
>P1;target
sequence...
-CFYRTYI/-CFYRTYI/-CFYRTYI/-CFYRTYI*

It is pretty straightforward...

Hope this helps,

Oliver

Han Choe wrote:
Dear Modellers,
I'm new to the modeller and recently made a single peptide model using the program successfully. Now I'm interested in building a model of a potassium ion channel whose structure is known to be a homotetramer. What is an easy way to build a model of those multmer proteins? Cheers,
Han