RE: [modeller_usage] problem reading alignment file

Hi Clemens,

the error you describe usually appears when your pdb-
file has some missing aminoacids in respect to the
sequence you use in the alignment-file. Modeller states
that your pdb contains 392 residues, but your alignment
contains 433. You can use DeepView to open your template
and save its aminoacid-sequence (File-Save-Save Sequence
as FASTA). Compare it to the sequence in your alignment
file, they should be identical. If not, correct the align-
ment. Hope this helps. Concerning the '/' and '-', I have
no problems using them on the linux-version.

Best wishes,

Thorsten Schweikardt
Molecular Biophysics
University Mainz, Germany