[modeller_usage] problem with using chain identifiers ...

hello list,
I tried so many times with all the combinations (listed bellow) to
specify the residue identifiers in following top script. purpose of this
script is to extract sequence from pdb files.

following is base script which extracts all the chains from that pdb
file.
read_model  FILE = '1PFZ',
sequence_to_ali atom_files = '1PFZ', align_codes = 'gowtham'
write_alignment file='outputmyseq.pir'

I wanted to take out all residues of a particular chain say A.
I used  MODEL_SEGMENT = '79P:A' '329:A' and it works fine.

But if I dont know start and end residue numbers of a particular chain,
how should i extracts only its sequence.

i tried the following and did not work:
' :A' ' :A'
'.:A' '.:A'
':A' ':A'
'@:A'
'@:@'
and many more ......
--
Ra. Gowthaman,
Graduate Student,

Phone: 91-9811261804
       91-11-26173184; 91-11-26189360 #extn 314