Re: [modeller_usage] Help!!

Hi,

Residue count in 1JNK goes from 45-400 instead 1-346. It should be:

structureX:1jnk: 45  : :400  : :C-JUN N-TERMINAL KINASE::-1.00: 2.30

Also, you are trying to model a large number of residues for which you don't
have a template. I suggest cutting the ends of your alignment to look like
this:

MLVIDPAKRISVDDALQHPYINVWYDPAEVEAPPP-----QLDEREHTIEEWKELIYKEVMN*
MLVIDASKRISVDEALQHPYINVWYDPSEAEAPPPKIPDKQLDEREHTIEEWKELIYKEVMD*

The same applies to the first 6 residues in your protein.

Hope this helps,

Mensur

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Chaitanya Reddy.A wrote:

|>Dear all,
|>              We are modelling  a molecule but we are facing a problem to
|>which i am unable to find it. We hope you can help me in
|>this regard. We want to model a map kinase 8 using the map
|>kinase 10 molecule which shows 93% homology. We aligned
|>using clustalx and we submitted to modeller as .ali file.
|>
|>Below is the alignment file we obtained from clustalx
|>
|>>P1;1jnk
|>structureX:1jnk:1    : :346  : :C-JUN N-TERMINAL KINASE::-1.00: 2.30
|>------DNQFYSVEVGDSTFTVLKRYQNLKPIGSGAQGIVCAAYDAVLDRNVAIKKLSRPFQNQTHAKRAYRELV
|>LMKCVNHKNIISLLNVFTPQKTLEEFQDVYLVMELMDANLCQVIQMELDHERMSYLLYQMLCGIKHLHSAGIIHR
|>DLKPSNIVVKSDCTLKILDFGLA-----SFMMTPYVVTRYYRAPEVILGMGYKENVDIWSVGCIMGEMVRHKILF
|>PGRDYIDQWNKVIEQLGTPCPEFMKKLQPTVRNYVENRPKYAGLTFPKLFPDSLFPADSEHNKLKASQARDLLSK
|>MLVIDPAKRISVDDALQHPYINVWYDPAEVEAPPP-----QLDEREHTIEEWKELIYKEVMN-------------
|>----------------------------------------------------*
|>>P1;output
|>sequence:output:1    : :427  : :JNK mitogen-activated protein
|>kinase:2.40:-1.00:-1.00
|>MSRSKRDNNFYSVEIGDSTFTVLKRYQNLKPIGSGAQGIVCAAYDAILERNVAIKKLSRPFQNQTHAKRAYRELV
|>LMKCVNHKNIIGLLNVFTPQKSLEEFQDVYIVMELMDANLCQVIQMELDHERMSYLLYQMLCGIKHLHSAGIIHR
|>DLKPSNIVVKSDCTLKILDFGLARTAGTSFMMTPYVVTRYYRAPEVILGMGYKENVDLWSVGCIMGEMVCHKILF
|>PGRDYIDQWNKVIEQLGTPCPEFMKKLQPTVRTYVENRPKYAGYSFEKLFPDVLFPADSEHNKLKASQARDLLSK
|>MLVIDASKRISVDEALQHPYINVWYDPSEAEAPPPKIPDKQLDEREHTIEEWKELIYKEVMDLEERTKNGVIRGQ
|>PSPLGAAVINGSQHPSSSSSVNDVSSMSTDPTLASDTDSSLEAAAGPLGCCR*
|>
|>After submitting to modeller, the following is the error..
|>
|>The error message
|>
|>rdabrk__288W> Protein not accepted:        1
|>rdabrk__290E> Number of residues in the alignment and  pdb files are
|>different:
|>     346        0
|>              For alignment entry:        1
|>recover____E> ERROR_STATUS >= STOP_ON_ERROR:        1       1
|>
|>Please help me in solving this problem.
|>
|>But we manually examined the number of residues in both pdb files and
|>alignment files and we found no difference.
|>
|>Regards
|>Chaitu

| Mensur Dlakic, Ph.D.              | Tel: (406) 994-6576                |
| Department of Microbiology        | Fax: (406) 994-4926                |
| Montana State University          | http://www.umich.edu/~mensur/      |
| 109 Lewis Hall, P.O. Box 173520   | http://myprofile.cos.com/mensur    |
| Bozeman, MT 59717-3520            | E-mail:         |