Re: [modeller_usage] some food for thought...

Yes, you can use a template containing more than one chain for modelling.

Use a modeller script to extract the protein sequence from the pdb file
containing both chains and use that for your alignment.

READ_MODEL FILE = 'pdb_file_name' #Without the extension
SEQUENCE_TO_ALI ALIGN_CODES = 'pdb_file_name', ATOM_FILES = ALIGN_CODES
WRITE_ALIGNMENT FILE = 'pdb_file_name.seq'

The above script should do that for you. You can also produce a model of a
complex provided you have a template containing the two proteins.

Cvetan