Re: [modeller_usage] problem

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 01:12:03PM +0300, vivek sharma wrote:
> I have one problem in Modeler, it would be great if you can tell me the
> solution.
>
> Actually, I have included few big residues in TOP_HEAV(many atoms) library
> of Modeler and made changes everywhere required. It shows the following error;
>
> ---------------------
> penf5__224_> Open       11  OLD  SEQUENTIAL
> ${MODINSTALL6v2}/modlib//top_heav.lib
> read_to_223E> Array too small. Increase  MAPRES
>               current maximum, current need:      100      101
> recover____E> ERROR_STATUS >= STOP_ON_ERROR:        1       1
>
> ---------------------
>
> what is the reason? Where I can get this variable MAPRES to change?

MAPRES is the maximum number of atoms in a residue, and it is hard-coded
in Modeller to 100. There is no way to change this. Your only option is
to define residues with a smaller number of atoms. (Out of curiosity,
what residues are you defining that have more than 100 atoms in them? It
may make sense for us to increase this limit for the next Modeller
release.)

> Also, as I have changed TOP_HEAV, restyp.lib is also needed to be changed or
> not, but as error suggest some problem in TOP_HEAV only?

Yes, you need to define the residues in restyp.lib too. See
http://salilab.org/modeller/FAQ.html#17