Re: [modeller_usage] Error message: Array too small. Increase MAXSEG

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 06:20:39PM +0800, Nancy Yu wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what the following error message means?
>
> defseg__223E> Array too small. Increase MAXSEG
>
>               current maximum, current need:       30       31

Modeller has a hard-coded maximum number of segments (MAXSEG). The limit
in 6v2 is 30. You have two options:

1. Edit your PDB file so that it has 30 or fewer segments (chains).
2. Wait for Modeller 7 to be released (should be within a month) which
   doesn't exactly 'solve' the problem, but increases the limit to 60.