[modeller_usage] Hard limits for size of sequence database

Hi. I was wondering if there is a hard wired maximum size for the number
of sequences that can be held in memory. I got this error :

Input/Output Error 192: Record too large

   In Procedure: read_sequence_db_module..read_sequence_list1
        At Line: 156

      Statement: Formatted READ
           Unit: 11
   Connected To: /local/procter/Nrdb2mod7/nr.fsa
           Form: Formatted
         Access: Sequential
Records Read   : 769635
Records Written: 0

End of diagnostics

when I tried to read the NCBI non-redundant sequence database into
Modeller (v7).

ta!
j.

Dr JB Procter:Biomolecular Modelling at ZBH - Center for Bioinformatics
Hamburg       http://www.zbh.uni-hamburg.de/staff.php