Re: [modeller_usage] error on 'special_patches' routine for PATCH S-S bonds

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 03:18:57PM +0300, Dr. Daniel James White PhD wrote:
> I get a "command not recognized"  error, see log below when trying to
> use the 'special_patches' routine,
> to tell modeller to make 2 S-S bonds in a loop I am modelling,
>
> I can't see any error in my top file or alignment,

We solved this problem off the list; the problem is that one of the
lines in the TOP file contained some blank space followed by a #
comment. Ordinarily, this is not a problem, but in this instance there
were some tab characters within that blank space, and this confused
Modeller. The workaround for the current version is not to use tabs in
TOP files (Modeller converts them internally into space characters
anyway). This bug will be fixed in future Modeller releases.