Re: [modeller_usage] "Precision problem"

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 06:09:13PM -0800, Oliver Hucke wrote:
> I just started to use the newest version of modeller. I noticed
> unfamiliar warnings in the log file:
>
> conmin__610W> Precision problem; starting from scratch.
> conmin__611W> Precision problem; starting from scratch.
>               Last such mesage in this OPTIMIZE
>
> What does this mean?

It means that the linear search part of the CG optimization failed. This
often happens when you are close to the minimum, partly because the Modeller
objective function can change in form (due to differing numbers of
dynamic restraints being incorporated).

> Should I worry about this or can it be ignored?

When this happens, Modeller just does a restart of the optimization.
This is a standard part of CG optimizations, and so is nothing to worry
about.