Re: [modeller_usage] version 6 and 7 scripts

Paula R. Kuser Falcão wrote:
I was using the script Align2D.top below to run modeller with version
6.2. Now that we installed version 7, I just can't get it to
work. I get the following message:
read_al_375E> Unknown residue type,position,sequence:          1        2
recover____E> ERROR_STATUS >= STOP_ON_ERROR:        1       1

Your seq.txt file is in Windows (DOS) format. Modeller on Unix systems doesn't like that, and you'll get odd behavior (it might work for some cases on 6v2, or on 7v7, but it will crash essentially randomly). Convert it to Unix format, e.g. with the 'dos2unix' utility.

The soon to be released Modeller 8 will read Unix, DOS, or Mac format files, so this problem should disappear.